Time to start brewing for the Olde Hickory Pro-Am! This competition is a qualifying event for the Great American Beer Festivals Pro-Am competition in Denver Colorado in September.
Winning beer will be scaled up and brewed by Olde Hickory Brewery.
When: March 31st, 2012
Where: Olde Hickory Brewery, Hickory, NC
Cost: $6 per entry
Registration Opens: February 20th, 2012
Entry Must Be Received By: March 23rd, 2012
Additional Drop-Off Locations:
Hops & Vines – Asheville Area
797 Haywood Road. Ste. 100 Asheville, NC 28806
Things to Note:
- BJCP categories 1-16 and 18-23 only. Categories 5D, 17A-F, and 22C are not permitted.
- Olde Hickory must be able to brew your beer (from grain to glass) in no more than 45 days.
- Olde Hickory uses the following yeasts:
- Wyeast 1056 American Ale (Substitute with White Labs 001 California Ale or Safale US-05)
- Wyeast 2007 Pilsen Lager (Substitute with White Labs 840 American Pilsner Lager or Saflager W-34/70 dry yeast)
- Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen (Substitute with White Labs 300 Hefeweizen Ale or Safbrew WB-06 dry yeast)
- Wild yeasts (brettanomyces, lactobacillus, other bacteria, etc), mead or wine yeasts are not permitted.
- Open to brewers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia.
- The winning brew will also be entered into the GABF Pro-Am competition and the winning brewer
will receive a “Brewer’s Pass” to the GABF in Denver, CO, in September 2012.
- There is no limit on the amount of entries a brewer can enter.
- Entrant must be an active American Hombrewers Association member to win Best of Show
Olde Hickory is also looking for judges, volunteers and stewards to help with the event. To volunteer or judge for the event, contact Olde Hickory.
To register and for more information, check out the CLASS (Catawba Lager and Ale Sampling Society) Webiste.